Mailing List Archive

2021-04-14 Scrum of Scrums meeting notes
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Scrum_of_scrums/2021-04-14

= 2021-04-14 =

Grace/Deb have conflicts today. Please self-organize :)

== Callouts ==

* MediaWiki 1.36-beta has been branched:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2021-April/094424.html

== Gerrit patches or GitHub Pull Requests for reviews or feedback ==

* None.

=== No updates ===
Community Tech, Anti-Harassment Tools, Library, Site Reliability Engineering

=== '''No notes provided''' ===
Editing, Growth, iOS native app, Android native app, Web, Product
Infrastructure, Parsing, Language, Inuka, Analytics, Cloud Services,
Platform, Quality and Test Engineering, Search Platform, Security

== SoS Meeting Bookkeeping ==

* Updates:

== Product ==

=== Structured Data ===

* Thank yous:
** Jon Robson for getting Vue errors into logstash and helping us identify
some issues in our code
* Updates:
** Working to make the new MediaSearch extension (not yet deployed on
Commons) more usable on other wikis (
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MediaSearch)
** Image recommendations design work

=== Abstract Wikipedia ===

* Thank yous:
** Thank you to Brennen and Jeena in RelEng for discussing options for
testing MW<->service integrations in CI.
* Updates:
** Working on Phase ? (delta):
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Abstract_Wikipedia/Phases
** Working on our TDMP pitch for asynchronous parser fragments.

=== Vue.js ===

* Updates:
** Working on components design inventory:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T277047
** Starting to work on unifying various component implementations so we can
add them to the experimental WMF component library (WVUI)
*** Button: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278509
*** Binary inputs: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279714

== Technology ==

=== Fundraising Tech ===

* Updates:
** More work on email prefs page https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T268510
** Planning for integration with new API of backup card processor
** Work to migrate custom CRM code off drupal 7
** CiviCRM contact deduplication enhancements
** Audit / reconciliation file processing improvements:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T277244,
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T265545

=== Engineering Productivity ===

==== Performance ====

* Blocking:
** WMSE with performance review of WikiSpeech (in progress, almost finished)
* Thank yous:
** Geno from Abstract Wikipedia for how engaged she is with the matrixing
on our team
* Updates:
** Cancelling our Kobiton subscription, we will build our own device lab
hosted at the office instead

==== Release Engineering ====

* Updates:
** [All] Deployments/Covid-19
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/Covid-19
** MediaWiki 1.36-beta has been branched:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2021-April/094424.html
** Train Health
*** Last week: 1.36.0-wmf.38 [[phab:T278343]]<!--
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278344 -->
*** This week: 1.37.0-wmf.1 [[phab:T278344]]<!--
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278345 -->
*** This week: 1.37.0-wmf.2 [[phab:T278345]]<!--
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278346 -->

=== WMDE Technical Wishes ===

* Updates:
** Line numbering was deployed. Currently only on template namespace, due
to feedback by the editing team. Discussion about other namespaces is still
open.

== Cross-cutting ==

* Blocked by:
** [long term] Search Platform: PHP 8.0 work is long-term blocked on the
migration to ElasticSearch 7.0 https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T263142
(or at least 6.7).
* Thank yous:
* Updates:
** Nothing major.
** CI tools
*** Next release of mediawiki-codesniffer likely soon.
*** CI tools' upgrade status:
https://libraryupgrader2.wmcloud.org/status?branch=master
** PHP 8.0:
*** Our target is REL1_35 (and thus also REL1_36) as well as master.
*** Upstream libraries: Elastica-related PHP code is theoretically the last
one.
*** Core: Some unit and integration tests still fail; thank you to everyone
working on fixing them.
[End]

Yours,
--