Mailing List Archive

Summary of this week's deployment of 1.36.0-wmf.36: not there yet
This is an early summary of this week's deployment of the
1.36.0-wmf.37 branch of MediaWiki and its extensions (also known as
"the train"). The primary person in charge this week is Mukunda
Modell, with Antoine Musso as backup, both from the Release
Engineering team.

The summary task for this week is
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278343

This week's deployment is still ongoing. The train is at group 1, and
will hopefully move to group 2 later today, but I'm writing this ahead
of time due to a time zone issue (hello from the future!). There were
some problems with getting a late patch included in the train branch,
initially, but the train got started pretty much on time. As of
writing this email, there is one blocker task:

- T279008: mw-parser-output now clears after block, which is a
noticeable change for Category pages where infoboxes used to render
floated alongside the automatic content
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279008

There has been some back and forth about tasks as issues have been
investigated and various tasks have either been raised to being
blockers or demoted from that status without the issue being resolved.
For details, please see the summary task. (I'm trying to keep these
summaries short, but each week could be turned into a suspense novel.)

As usual, a whole bunch of people helped to find, triage, analyze,
fix, or work around problems this. Release Engineering thanks
everyone, without help we wouldn't be able to deploy MediaWiki.

- Amir Sarabadani
- Bartosz Dziewo?ski
- C. Scott Ananian
- Daniel Kinzler
- DannyS712
- Dylsss
- James D. Forrester
- João Alexandre Peschanski
- Jon Robson
- Mike_Peel
- Pchelolo
- RhinosF1
- Subramanya Sastry
- Timo Tijhof
- Urbanecm

There may have been other people, and if so, I apologize for not
including them on the list above.

For more information, please see:

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278343
- https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Heterogeneous_deployment/Train_deploys