Mailing List Archive

2021-01-20 Scrum of Scrums meeting notes
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Scrum_of_scrums/2021-01-20

2021-01-20

== Callouts ==
* Seats still available for the frontend web performance training. Doodle
seems to be favoring West coast times currently:
https://doodle.com/poll/ax9qak5mwb7rzvuh?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

=== No updates === Community Tech

=== No notes provided ===Product Infrastructure, Parsing, Inuka, Analytics,
Cloud Services, Fundraising Tech, Quality and Test, Security

== SoS Meeting Bookkeeping ==
* Updates: 9 responses to async retro. Will release responses today.

== Product ==

=== Anti-Harassment Tools ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** Working with DBAs to add a new table in SecurePoll extension:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T271268

=== Editing ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates: Parser cache thing from last week not done; doing this week.

=== Growth ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** working on link recommendations -
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Add_Link
** planning image recommendations together with a number of other teams

=== iOS native app ===
* Blocked by: N/A
* Blocking: N/A
* Updates: No major updates. Refining what is going to hit 6.8.

=== Android native app ===
* Blocked by: N/A
* Blocking: N/A
* Updates: No major updates. Starting to refine image tagging structured
editing task.

=== Web ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T260091: Rolling out max-width in
VectorV2 to more places via configurable allow/deny lists

=== Structured Data ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** Resuming work on splitting MediaSearch UI out into a separate extension

=== Abstract Wikipedia ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** Working to implement a look-ahead search widget in our Vue code; with
thanks again to Anne and Eric for their support and insight from their
MediaSearch experience.
** Making initial commits to stand up the evaluator and orchestrator
services' bases.
** Still working on programmatic type management.
** Community contest to select the logo concept for Wikifunctions is
currently running; ideas welcome!

=== Language ===
* Blocked by: None
* Blocking: None
* Updates: No major updates
** Train blocker fixed: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T272428

=== Library ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** Investigating behavior tracking software options. Will probably install
Matomo in staging in the next few weeks
** Wikilink bug fixes
** Working on the Wikipedia Library Echo notification

=== Vue.js ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** We exist now! Hello world!
** "We" are Roan (full-time), Volker, Anne T and Eric G, Marcella
(part-time)
** More to come later as we figure out priorities

== Technology ==

=== Platform ===
* Blocked by: We are blocked on deploying LVS changes due to
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T272258 (Traffic, DCOps)
* Blocking:
* Updates: None

=== Engineering Productivity ===

==== Performance ====
* Blocked by: Data Persistence with setup of x2 cluster
* Blocking: none
* Updates:

==== Release Engineering ====
* Blocked by:
**
* Blocking:
**
* Updates:
** [All] Deployments/Covid-19
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/Covid-19
** Train Health
*** Last week: 1.36.0-wmf.26 [[phab:T267419]] <!--
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T267418 -->
*** This week: 1.36.0-wmf.27 [[phab:T271341]] <!--
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T271341 -->
*** Next week: 1.36.0-wmf.28 [[phab:T271342]] <!--
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T271342 -->

=== Search Platform ===
* Blocked by:
** no one
* Blocking
** no one
* Updates:
** Show correct create page/page exists message on wikis with multiple
writing systems -https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T260957
** Reduce the impact of the sanitizer on wikidata -
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T239931
** "ElasticSearch shard size check" icinga warnings on cloudelastic servers
-https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T265908
** Support cloudelastic in spicerack elasticsearch -
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T268779
** 40-elasticsearch-readahead udev rule failing for cloudelastic100[5,6] -
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T265699
** Restart elasticsearch clusters to apply readahead changes -
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T266492

=== Site Reliability Engineering ===
* Blocked by:
** None
* Blocking:
** Growth on setting up LVS for linkrecommendation.
* Updates:
** No updates

== Cross-cutting ==
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** PHP 8.0 compatibility for REL1_35 of MediaWiki core is relatively close.
(T266583) Once that's done, we'll work to enable it as voting for (at
least) all tarball extensions and then announce functional compatibility in
1.35.2 or whatever release.
** PHP 8.0 compatibility for master/production looks like it is stalled on
the replacement for ElasticSearch(!) as PHP 8.0 support may be held back
until the new non-OSI licence is in place (T271777, T272111).

[[Category:Scrum of scrums{{#translation:}}|*]]