Mailing List Archive

2021-01-13 Scrum of Scrums meeting notes
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Scrum_of_scrums/2021-01-13

= 2021-01-13 =
== Callouts ==
* https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T264218: UX tweaks for VectorV2 at a
screen width of 500px. This is on the 1.36.0-wmf.27 branch

No updates: Parsing, Platform, Performance, SRE

No notes provided: Prod Infra, Language, Inuka, Library, Analytics, Cloud
Services, Fundraising Tech, Quality and Test, Search Platform, Security,

== SoS Meeting Bookkeeping ==
* Updates: asynchronous retrospective ends today

== Product ==

=== Community Tech ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
- Getting ready to start consultation work around OCR tools improvement
project
- Still working on Wikisource/WS-export performance/reliability/UX

=== Anti-Harassment Tools ===
* Blocked by:
** Awaiting DBA comments on a new table in SecurePoll extension:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T271268
* Blocking:
* Updates:

=== Editing ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
- FAO core platform: We are moving [ reply ] links on talk pages to the
ParserCache this week, splitting the cache on talk pages by user
preference: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T267404

=== Growth ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** working on link recommendations

=== iOS native app ===
* Blocked by: None
* Blocking: None
* Updates: Development continues on next version

=== Android native app ===
* Blocked by: None
* Blocking: None
* Updates: Development continues on next version

=== Web ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** Awaiting the Security Readiness Review for WVUI from Security
** https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T264218: UX tweaks for VectorV2 at a
screen width of 500px. This is on the 1.36.0-wmf.27 branch

=== Structured Data ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** More MediaSearch feature development
** Starting to use results of image quality testing tool to tune
MediaSearch search profile (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T269852)
** Working with Platform Engineering on proof of concept for image
recommendations

=== Abstract Wikipedia ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** Making improvements to our Vue code; with thanks to Roan, Anne, and Eric
** Still working on programmatic type management.
** Process for a community contest to select the logo concept for
Wikifunctions will start shortly.

=== Parsing ===
* Blocked by: None
* Blocking: None
* Updates: Nothing significant.

== Technology ==

=== Platform ===
* Blocked by: None
* Blocking:
* Updates: None

=== Engineering Productivity ===

==== Performance ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates: Routine, nothing new for anyone.

==== Release Engineering ====
* Blocked by:
** No blockers
* Blocking:
** ???
* Updates:
** [All] Deployments/Covid-19
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/Covid-19
** Train Health
*** Last week: 1.36.0-wmf.25 [[phab:T267418]] <!--
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T267418-->
*** This week: 1.36.0-wmf.26 [[phab:T267419]] <!--
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T267419 -->
*** Next week: 1.36.0-wmf.27 [[phab:T267419]] <!--
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T267419 -->

=== Site Reliability Engineering ===
* Blocked by:
** None
* Blocking:
** None
* Updates:
** No updates.

== Cross-cutting ==
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** PHP 8.0 compatibility is now waiting on upstream elastica library
compatibility before we can move forward with MediaWiki core, let alone
production extensions. (This will likely require the completion of the
ElasticSearch 6 -> 7 migration.)

[[Category:Scrum of scrums{{#translation:}}|*]]