Mailing List Archive

Test runner Quibble 0.0.46 released
Hello,

I am pleased to announce the release of Quibble 0.0.46 mainly driven by
Adam Wight && Kosta Harlan.

The major feature is support for using an external web server such as
Apache. The php builtin server driven by Quibble serves requests
serially and does not offer all the customization Apache can do.

The source repository has an example Dockerfile that leverage the use of
supervisord to spawn Apache and point Quibble to it. We will roll that
system to the CI jobs progressively over the next few weeks.

The journey started when Kosta benchmarked php vs Apache and by serving
requests in parallel we have already addressed issues found in MediaWiki
test suites.

Python 3.8 is officially supported, 3.4 or earlier are no more tested
and if still using those you should really upgrade.

Running under podman (a daemonless alternative to docker) is now
recognized as a container environment (thanks Marius Hoch).

Doc: https://doc.wikimedia.org/quibble/
Changelog: https://doc.wikimedia.org/quibble/changelog.html
Source: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/integration/quibble/
Bug/features: #quibble tag in Phabricator

Quibble introduction: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/J99

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso

Re: Test runner Quibble 0.0.46 released [ In reply to ]
????

Thanks Kosta and Antoine. Very exciting.

Follow the roll out of Apache vs PHP dev server, at:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T225218

-- Timo

Re: Test runner Quibble 0.0.46 released [ In reply to ]
Thanks Timo :) However just to clarify, the vast majority of credit for that feature goes to Adam Wight, both for the final set of patches and a series of refactoring patches earlier this year that made the httpd integration possible. Thank you Adam!

Kosta