tutorial website on the WordPress platform which has a more familiar design
to most users. We believe this website will make the WDQS more accessible,
and hope this will be a way to expand Wikidata to new audiences. Currently
the site is in English but we are open for collaborations to add the
tutorial in other languages. We are also keen to hear feedback from those
involved in Wikidata Outreach.

Revital Poleg

Executive Director
Re: Announcing the Wikidata Query Service Tutorial [ In reply to ]
And now with the direct link - Wikidata Query Service
<https://wdqs-tutorial.toolforge.org/> tutorial
<https://wdqs-tutorial.toolforge.org/>
We hope you'll find it useful!

Cheers
Revital Poleg

Revital Poleg

Executive Director, WMIL

??????? ??? ??, 21 ????? 2020 ?-21:35 ??? ?Revital Poleg?? <?
revital@wikimedia.org.il??>:?

Re: Announcing the Wikidata Query Service Tutorial [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much for this link!

We (I and students) are creating a tutorial about Programming Wikidata in
Russian Wikiversity and English Wikiversity. See our courses:
https://ru.wikiversity.org/wiki/Programming_Wikidata
https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Research_in_programming_Wikidata

In this year we are continue to write materials in these courses
and we started the project in which we are writing the book in PDF with
content from these courses. See GitHub project
https://github.com/componavt/wd_book
(Now this project contains fragments of the book in Russian, in LaTeX
format).

If you are interested, then we can discuss joint writing of this book.
I think that it will be better to discuss it in spring or summer, when some
text in English will be ready.

Best regards,
Andrew Krizhanovsky.
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q54823951

Re: Announcing the Wikidata Query Service Tutorial [ In reply to ]
Dear all,

Just a quick update to last week's message: We are delighted by the
response to our announcement about the Wikidata Query Service (WDQS)
tutorial <https://wdqs-tutorial.toolforge.org/>. We already received
requests for collaboration to translate the tutorial into Italian,
Macedonian and Indonesian!

If you want to know what is required to create the tutorial website in your
language please contact Dr. Keren Shatzman <keren@wikimedia.org.il>, WMIL's
project coordinator, who leads this project.

You can also read about the background and context in which the tutorial
was developed in an interview with Dr. Shatzman, featured on the Wikimedia
Foundation blog
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2020/10/21/the-query-service-tutorial-for-wikidata-an-interview-with-dr-keren-shatzman-from-wikimedia-israel/>
.

Happy Wikidata Birthday