Mailing List Archive

Do you use MediaWiki-Vagrant to develop or test Wikimedia software?
I'm hoping to gather a bit of information on the current use of
MediaWiki-Vagrant by folks in the Wikimedia movement. I have started a
slowvote poll in Phabricator at
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/V24> that asks one question: "Do
you personally use MediaWiki-Vagrant to develop or test software for
the benefit of the Wikimedia movement?"

I would really appreciate folks taking a couple minutes to click
through to the poll and selecting one of the possible responses:

* Yes, I use it daily
* Yes, I use it occasionally
* No, I used to use it but have switched to another dev environment
* No, I tried it but it never worked well
* No, I have never used it

Data collected in the poll will be used to help me and others decide
if it is worth putting in additional work to revitalize the group
maintaining and improving MediaWiki-Vagrant.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis Technical Engagement Wikimedia Foundation
Principal Software Engineer Boise, ID USA

Re: Do you use MediaWiki-Vagrant to develop or test Wikimedia software? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 11:53 AM Bryan Davis <bd808@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I'm hoping to gather a bit of information on the current use of
> MediaWiki-Vagrant by folks in the Wikimedia movement. I have started a
> slowvote poll in Phabricator at
> <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/V24> that asks one question: "Do
> you personally use MediaWiki-Vagrant to develop or test software for
> the benefit of the Wikimedia movement?"
>
> I would really appreciate folks taking a couple minutes to click
> through to the poll and selecting one of the possible responses:
>
> * Yes, I use it daily
> * Yes, I use it occasionally
> * No, I used to use it but have switched to another dev environment
> * No, I tried it but it never worked well
> * No, I have never used it
>
> Data collected in the poll will be used to help me and others decide
> if it is worth putting in additional work to revitalize the group
> maintaining and improving MediaWiki-Vagrant.

It has come to my attention that your Phabricator user account must be
a member of the "Trusted-Contributors" group [0] in Phabricator to see
or respond to a slowvote poll. If you get an "Access Denied:
Restricted Application" response from
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/V24> this is the cause.

Trusted-Contributors [0] is a self-organizing group, which means that
anyone who is currently in the group can add additional people that
they also trust. If you need an invite to the group, try asking in one
of the Freenode IRC channels for technical contributors like
#wikimedia-tech, #wikimedia-dev, or #mediawiki.

[0]: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/3104/

Bryan