Mailing List Archive

Coolest Tool Award 2020: Call for nominations!
Dear all,

We’re really happy to announce the second edition of the Coolest Tool Award
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award>!

Tools play an essential role at Wikimedia, and so do the many volunteer
developers who experiment with new ideas, develop & maintain local & global
solutions and enhance the experience for Wikimedia communities.

There are incredible many great tools out there. It’s time to celebrate
this & to make the great work volunteer developers do more visible to
everyone :-)

The Coolest Tool Award ceremony will take place virtually this year, given
the current circumstances around events and travel. We will provide more
details soon about the specific logistics and dates.

The award is organized & selected by the *Coolest Tool Academy 2020*
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award#Coolest_Tool_Award_2020>.
We plan to recognize the greatest tools in a variety of categories, for
examples you can look at last year’s categories
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award/2019>.

As no one can possibly know all the cool tools out there, we’re looking for
some help & inspiration: Please point us to the tools that you think are
great - out of any reason you can think of!

Please use this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5ZmXXamn9sRsagEiiZcUZDn1Ga0sF3XmdPf0OjZWtILZvdQ/viewform
to recommend tools *by October 14, 2020*. You can nominate as many tools as
you want by filling out the form multiple times.

This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject
it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling,
see the survey privacy statement:
https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award_2020_Survey_Privacy_Statement

Thank you very much for your ideas & recommendation(s)!

We will continue to spread the word over the next 1-2 days, but if you get
the chance, please feel welcome to share this information with others too!

Thanks :-)
Joaquin, for the Coolest Tool Academy 2020

--
Joaquin Oltra Hernandez
Developer Advocate - Wikimedia Foundation
Re: Coolest Tool Award 2020: Call for nominations! [ In reply to ]
Hi everyone!

Just a reminder that there are 10 days left to submit your Coolest Tool
Award <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award> nominations.
Please recommend your favorite tools
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award#What_is_a_tool?> by
October 14.

Thanks!

Joaquin, for the Coolest Tool Academy 2020

Re: Coolest Tool Award 2020: Call for nominations! [ In reply to ]
Last reminder, there are only 2 days left (today and tomorrow) to submit
your Coolest Tool Award <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award>
nominations. Please recommend your favorite tools!

Thanks!
Joaquin, for the Coolest Tool Academy 2020

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 1:15 PM Joaquin Oltra Hernandez <