Mailing List Archive

Re: testing new server
Neil, many thanks for the bots--I've been running them too over my
cable modem and my server so we're getting plenty of hits. We are
getting good timing data in the logfiles, but at this point I'm most
interested in testing robustness. I'd really like it if you could
hack up a script that did random page edits as well--I tried to hack
your python a bit to do that, parsing out the text in the <textarea>
and sending it back, but I'm just not up on python enough to figure
out why it wasn't behaving the way I expected.

I'd also like to have a version of your bot that sends the text you
get back through a validator. I'll look for one that would be
relatively simple to plug in.

BTW, you can get server-side timing data from a comment at the end of
each returned page: that will tell you how much time the server
actually took between the start of the script and serving the page,
so it eliminates the delays caused by the client script and the
actual transfer. Might be interesting to compare the two.
0