I have the impression that on the English Wikipedia the links of the
type [[articel/sub-articel]] are converted to [[sub-articel of articel]]
So that there are no somthing/somthing pages left.

Why ? Is it a software thing ? It still works on the test-wikipedia.
Or is it Wikipedia English pollicy (that other Wikipedia's not have to
follow)
I like to know it because we are still using that method of linking on
the Dutch wikipedia. -- giskart
Re: The use of [[articel/suba-articel]] [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 02:48:02PM +0200, nviakkxcqbnc@spammotel.com wrote:
> I have the impression that on the English Wikipedia the links of the
> type [[articel/sub-articel]] are converted to [[sub-articel of articel]]
> So that there are no somthing/somthing pages left.
>
> Why ? Is it a software thing ? It still works on the test-wikipedia.
> Or is it Wikipedia English pollicy (that other Wikipedia's not have to
> follow)
> I like to know it because we are still using that method of linking on
> the Dutch wikipedia. -- giskart

It's partially software thing - in php wikipedia "X/Y" is just a name
and doesn't have any special relation to "X". That mainly means
that there is no automatic link from "X/Y" to "X".

But you can chose any way of naming articles you like.
Names like "Y of X" are easier to understand and look nicer,
that's why we're switching to them on Polish wikipedia.

If Dutch people think that "X/Y" are better, they are free to use
such naming.