Mailing List Archive

Bringing up the new server
The new server, as has been mentioned before, is rather naked
at this point. I'd like to come up with a plan for getting it
up and running. First order of business is to decide exactly
what software to install and how. My personal recommendation
is this:

Apache 1.3.24
MySQL 3.23.49 (Compiled with gcc 2.95.3, 3-char index)
libiconv 1.8
PHP 4.2.1 (Compiled as Apache module, with iconv)
APC 1.1.0

If anyone has any other recommendations, suggestions, experiences,
etc., relevant to these decisions, let me know. After we get all
of that up and running (and documented as to how it was all done),
then we can start talking about moving the site itself, by which
time the new software might be ready (or it might not--but we still
ought to move to the new server).
0