Mailing List Archive

New codebase, testbed
Earlier I announced the availability of a new codebase and a testing
server to the wikitech list, but I see no reason not to involve the
larger list as well.

See http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net for information on the wiki
software.

I have both codebases set upon my server (the old one is at
http://www.piclab.com/wiki/wiki.phtml , and the new one is at
http://www.piclab.com/newwiki/wiki.phtml ), and both have the
newest 5/20 dump of the database (though the new one doesn't
have all the article histories).

Anyone who wants to work on the code can use my server for
testing. In particular, I'd like to solicit translators to
create new languages for the new codebase, which has a much
better facility for handling them (and doesn't require any
coding skill).

Finally, someone a while back posted a wikipedia design that
didn't use HTML tables for layout and that looked very clean.
I could probably find that in the archives, but if someone
could point me to that I'd appreciate it. The new skin system
should make it easier to implement that cleanly.

0