Mailing List Archive

the bug bug
From http://meta.wikipedia.com/wiki.phtml, the link for reporting bugs
goes to a page gets hooked up in some redirect loop,
http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/fpw/wiki.phtml?title=wikipedia%3ABugs

The displayed text says:

You are being redirected to wikipedia.com
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
(output started at
/home/groups/w/wi/wikipedia/htdocs/fpw/wiki.phtml:5) in
/home/groups/w/wi/wikipedia/htdocs/fpw/wiki.phtml on line 81

--
Lars Aronsson <lars@aronsson.se>
tel +46-70-7891609
http://aronsson.se/ http://elektrosmog.nu/ http://susning.nu/
Re: the bug bug [ In reply to ]
On mer, 2002-05-15 at 16:58, Lars Aronsson wrote:

> >From http://meta.wikipedia.com/wiki.phtml, the link for reporting bugs
> goes to a page gets hooked up in some redirect loop,
> http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/fpw/wiki.phtml?title=wikipedia%3ABugs

I've just replaced these broken links with links to the bug report and
feature request pages on www.wikipedia.com.

> The displayed text says:
>
> You are being redirected to wikipedia.com
> Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at
> /home/groups/w/wi/wikipedia/htdocs/fpw/wiki.phtml:5) in
> /home/groups/w/wi/wikipedia/htdocs/fpw/wiki.phtml on line 81

Same without specifying the title. Somebody put this at the top of the
file:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT=\"0; URL=http://wikipedia.com">
</HEAD><BODY>You are being redirected to wikipedia.com</BODY></HTML>

<? ... the PHP code for the wiki....

(The backslash is probably breaking it such that instead of refreshing
to the main wikipedia site, it refreshes to itself!) I'm guessing
somebody was Magnus, as the file is marked as owned by "magnus_m". I
don't have write access to the file or the directory, so I can't fix it.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)