Mailing List Archive

Link to non-existing pages
Hello,

I just clicked a red link (indicating that there currently is no article yet).
The link triggered had a &action=edit -suffix and thus invoked the new page
in edit-mode. The only problem was that in the meantime, just after the
page was put to the pagecache, the article has been written. So I ended with
the edit-mode of a quite fine article. While this is probably OK for a
wikipedia contributor I think this might be confusing for a "user".

I would like to ask whether it might make sense to change the URL invoked
by red links to not end in "&action=edit". Then the automatic edit-mode for
non-existent articles is triggered in case of a non-existing article and
for articles written in the meantime the link would just show the article
expected.

Best Regards,

jens frank