<lars@aronsson.se>
tel +46-70-7891609
http://aronsson.se/ http://elektrosmog.nu/ http://susning.nu/
Re: blank Main Page [ In reply to ]
On sab, 2002-05-11 at 08:38, Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Why is the Main Page sometimes blank?
>
> This has been the case on Friday 5:00 am - 6:50 am PDT
> and on Saturday 6:20 am - 8:30 am PDT.
> Then at 8:36 am PDT it is back in full!
> (But right now the Sweden page is blank instead!)
>
> The server has also been unavailable for some periods. Is there a
> natural explanation to this, or does it need to be investigated?

No idea. Maybe it's the same reason that THERE IS A TABLE MISSING FROM
THE DATABASE? The "unlinked" table is still inaccessable... "Can't open
file: 'unlinked.MYD'. (errno: 145)"

I most sincerely hope that there's a backup of the database more recent
than March 21.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: blank Main Page [ In reply to ]
On dim, 2002-05-12 at 08:32, Jason Richey wrote:
> Brion L. VIBBER wrote:
> > No idea. Maybe it's the same reason that THERE IS A TABLE MISSING FROM
> > THE DATABASE? The "unlinked" table is still inaccessable... "Can't open
> > file: 'unlinked.MYD'. (errno: 145)"
> >
> > I most sincerely hope that there's a backup of the database more recent
> > than March 21.
>
> The file is, in fact, still there. I don't know how much that means
> if it is unreadable...

I don't know, but it still doesn't work. :(

The error message on every page load seems to have been repressed for
now, but:

* Explicit SQL queries to the unlinked table give the already mentioned
error, "Can't open file: 'unlinked.MYD'. (errno: 145)".

* special:WantedPages comes up with nothing, and notes PHP errors on the
lines that deal with the query to the unlinked table.

* Doing a "Pages that links here" gives PHP errors on the lines that
deal with the request to the unlinked table, and thus no longer can give
results for pages that don't exist yet.

* Saving a new page may also have some problems in this vein, since it
should be checking the unlinked table for pages that linked to the newly
created page and thus need their caches cleared to mark the link as
existing. (in wikiPage::ensureExistence())

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

(PS: I've noticed that replies to my messages lately seem to be coming
directly to me rather than to the list. Do I have a freak Reply-To
header that I'm not aware of or something?)