Mailing List Archive

Oops...forgot the attachment
Patch file attached.
--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,
are placed irrevocably in the public domain, and may be used or modified
for any purpose, without permission, attribution, or notification."--LDC
Re: Oops...forgot the attachment [ In reply to ]
On mer, 2002-05-01 at 18:56, lcrocker@nupedia.com wrote:
> >> - Removes HTML comments from wiki text before rendering, so they
> >> can be used to leave comments _about_ the wiki text.
> >
> >Not entirely unreasonable, but has this been discussed on wikipedia-l
> >and/or the wiki?
>
> I know I brought it up before with the old software, but I don't
> recall any particular arguments for or against. I think Clifford
> just wasn't interested enough to do it. If you think it might be
> controversial, feel free to bring it up to the group, but I don't
> see any big problem deciding some such issues by programmer fiat.

Well, if anybody doesn't like it, it can be taken out again.

Offhand pro: Comments can be used to note details of a tricky table
layout or similar, to help future editors make sense of inherently
confusing markup.

Offhand con: Hidden text seems contra-wiki in spirit; text that is
commented out, but left in an article, may confuse newbie editors.

On mer, 2002-05-01 at 17:23, Lee Daniel Crocker wrote:
> Patch file attached.

Checked into CVS.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)