Mailing List Archive

Orphans, skins
I just noticed the link tables in the 'pedia are (still?) inconsistent. For
example, [[803]] shows up on the Orphans page, but 15 (!) articles link to
it.

-

Currently, we generate the skins from within the code. This really starts
getting ugly. How about:
* For each skin, there's a dummy HTML file
* It contains special markup like <a
href="@@linkRandomPage">@@textRandomPage</a>
* These could be enclosed in <showRandomPages>....</showRandomPages>
* On display, the HTML is adapted to the viewer and the page to be viewed
(no "delete this page" on special pages etc.)

This would make it easy to keep the skins up-to-date, add more skins, and
keep the code relatively clean.

The HTML for the skins could even be stored as a "wikipedia:" article.
Thinking of it, we could store the whole PHP script as protected articles
and update the running version from there... ('scuse me, going berserk;)