Mailing List Archive

Re: [Intlwiki-l] umlauts for everybody
Hi Tomasz!

> > Does someone have better solution for this problem? I think the
other
> > Wikipedias with umlauts could use this, too.
>
> Solution is trivial: HTML entities &oumlaut; &aumlaut; &Oumlaut;
> &Aumlaut; and whatever else do you use.

Okay, some keystrokes more, is everybody happy with this?

But more important: They should be converted to real umlauts in the
database.

Bye,
Kurt
Re: [Intlwiki-l] umlauts for everybody [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 02:53:06PM +0200, Kurt Jansson wrote:
> Hi Tomasz!
>
> > > Does someone have better solution for this problem? I think the
> other
> > > Wikipedias with umlauts could use this, too.
> >
> > Solution is trivial: HTML entities &oumlaut; &aumlaut; &Oumlaut;
> > &Aumlaut; and whatever else do you use.
>
> Okay, some keystrokes more, is everybody happy with this?
>
> But more important: They should be converted to real umlauts in the
> database.

This *will* be done, as part of bigger unicode + "easy" entities
system, but only after wikipedias go to php and utf8.

It makes no sense to code it on usemod, because it won't be used for
long time, and little sense to do it for php *now*, because php + utf8
isn't used yet.
Re: Re: [Intlwiki-l] umlauts for everybody [ In reply to ]
Hi Tomasz!

>>> Solution is trivial: HTML entities &oumlaut; &aumlaut; &Oumlaut;
>>> &Aumlaut; and whatever else do you use.
>>
>> Okay, some keystrokes more, is everybody happy with this?
>>
>> But more important: They should be converted to real umlauts in the
>> database.
>
> This *will* be done, as part of bigger unicode + "easy" entities
> system, but only after wikipedias go to php and utf8.

Okay, that's cool!

> It makes no sense to code it on usemod, because it won't be used for
> long time,

I know, can't wait for the German WP to change to php.

Bye,
Kurt