Mailing List Archive

Why the site might be slow...
Traffic is WAY WAY up.

Yesterday, we saw 88,393 after excluding robots, which I define as anyone who sees more
than 1000 pages, or anyone whose browser reports a 'http agent' that I know to be a robot.

That's a record. By way of comparison, we averaged just under 48,000 pageviews last month.

Perhaps more interestingly, the number of unique visitors per day hit 20,000+ for the first
time yesterday, up from typical days of 6,000-9,000 earlier this month, and an average of
8181 last month.

Unique editors also hit a record yesterday of 351 unique ip numbers
doing editing. This typically has hovered around 150-250.

I am not sure what the cause is, if any. It could just be a highly
favorable update at Google, which is our primary source of traffic on
a day to day basis. (More even than Bomis, hmph, some supporters THEY turn
out to be, ha ha.)

--Jimbo