Mailing List Archive

PHP script internationalization issues
I have found some problems with this script.

1) Print footer ("This article is from Wikipedia (URL), the free online
encyclopedia. You can find this article at URL") is in wikiPage.php
and it should be in wikiText*.php
That is it should be internationalizable.

2) The same word is used for names of languages and names of non-English
Wikipedias. That's wrong for Polish because "language" is masculine
but "Wikipedia" is feminine, so the word should be different
("polski" and "polska").

3) There are problems with interwiki links. If Polish article title contain
non-ascii characters, I can't easily link it using [[pl:Name]].
The "right" solution is of course using UTF-8 for all wikipedias.
We will have to do it some day, as not doing it is causing
more problems than it saves. But that's not an urgent issue.