internationalization issues; I think we could do far worse than
check out what they have come up with.

Axel
Re: New diff engine from phpwiki [ In reply to ]
We should contact the leaders of that project and see what kind of synergy
there might be between the two.

One primary difference is that they are working on general wiki code,
while all of our coding is really subordinate to the _encyclopedia_
project. There are features that we will want that they will not, and
features that they will want which we will not. Probably we'll end up
with very different end results 5 years from now.

However, it seems likely that there's so much in common that...

--Jimbo
Re: New diff engine from phpwiki [ In reply to ]
On sab, 2002-03-09 at 22:12, Axel Boldt wrote:
> I just checked in a new diff engine from phpwiki 1.3.3 (GPL). It can
> display diffs line by line and highlight the changed words. I also
> added a diff display to the edit conflict screen.

Nice!

Do you think it would be better to show the diff between the two edit
boxes rather than below both? I suspect that users are likely not to see
it way down there.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)