have perl and mysql all running. It would be of great help. If you
do so, I promise to file the bugs on the current bug reports page.

-tc
Re: Bugzilla? [ In reply to ]
Sure, I'd consider it. But let's get a consensus of developers that we all actually
want to use this. It sure seems like a reasonable idea to me.

RE: Bugzilla? [ In reply to ]
One issue to consider how easy it will be for end users to report a bug.

Bugzilla is far better than the wiki interface for tracking bugs, but
wikipedians will already know how to use the wiki, and form that perspective
Bugzilla will be more complex to use.

Clearly bugzilla is not --that-- complex, so this is not a serious problem,
but I think it is still worth mentioning.

Re: Bugzilla? [ In reply to ]
I don't know Bugzilla, so I have no opinion about adopting it, but I
just wanted to point out that our sourceforge account
at http://sourceforge.net/projects/wikipedia
appears to come with a fairly sophisticated bug tracking system; maybe we
should start importing bugs from the wiki page. (I also think
that we shouldn't force Wikipedians to use a different interface to
report bugs, quickly editing a Bug_Reports page seems to be the most
natural for them).

Axel
Re: Re: Bugzilla? [ In reply to ]
From: "Axel Boldt" <axel@uni-paderborn.de>

> I don't know Bugzilla, so I have no opinion about adopting it, but I
> just wanted to point out that our sourceforge account
> at http://sourceforge.net/projects/wikipedia
> appears to come with a fairly sophisticated bug tracking system; maybe we
> should start importing bugs from the wiki page. (I also think
> that we shouldn't force Wikipedians to use a different interface to
> report bugs, quickly editing a Bug_Reports page seems to be the most
> natural for them).

I agree with Axel (but also do not know Bugzilla). The problem is more that
somebody should be responsible for doing the bug-bookkeeping.

-- Jan Hidders