to see if they are very different. Perhaps a new log of the slow queries
would also be helpful.

-- Jan Hidders
Re: orphans page takes too long [ In reply to ]
Jan Hidders wrote:
> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM linked;
>
> and
>
> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM linkes GROUP BY linked_from, linked_to ;

mysql> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM linked;
+----------+
| COUNT(*) |
+----------+
| 15380 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM linked GROUP BY linked_from, linked_to ;
ERROR 1169: Can't write, because of unique constraint, to table '#sql1112_aaaca_1'

(I assumed you meaned 'linked' instead of 'linkes', which doesn't work either.
Re: orphans page takes too long [ In reply to ]
On mar, 2002-02-26 at 11:28, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> mysql> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM linked;
> +----------+
> | COUNT(*) |
> +----------+
> | 15380 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

That looks wayyy too small. Jim, did you run updLinks.php? You'll
probably have to edit it to up $size to make it managable, given the
size of the database...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: orphans page takes too long [ In reply to ]
> > mysql> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM linked;
> > +----------+
> > | COUNT(*) |
> > +----------+
> > | 15380 |
> > +----------+
> > 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> That looks wayyy too small. Jim, did you run updLinks.php? You'll
> probably have to edit it to up $size to make it managable, given the
> size of the database...

I did run it, with $size=1000.

It printed a lot of stuff on the screen, I guess because I didn't
comment out some debugging prints. I can not report now with 100%
certainty that it ran without any errors. But it ran, and then after
that I did some more mysql stuff to create the indexes on it.

I'll look at the contents of the 'linked' table now, and report back on whether it looks
sensible to me.

--Jimbo