Mailing List Archive

Quick note on updating the cur table
One of the wonders of having a TIMESTAMP field in your table is that it
gets updated automatically every time a row is changed.

One of the gotchas of having a TIMESTAMP field in your table is that it
gets updated automatically every time a row is changed.

When the latest update got installed, *every article* got its modified
date reset to February 25, circa 15:51 (and thus flooded Recent
Changes). D'oh!

Either we all need to make sure that we throw a
cur_timestamp=cur_timestamp into data-changing SQL code that's not
supposed to change the dates, or we should just change the field so it's
updated manually in the places where it's supposed to be...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)