Mailing List Archive

Moving intl wikis to the PHP script?
Jimbo, is there any chance we can move the Esperanto wikipedia over to
the PHP script soon? I've been promising people we'd be upgrading to the
new software (which will fix a number of annoying bugs in the old) for a
while, and the natives are getting restless. :)

I'm going to check in a couple more character set and case-conversion
fixes tonight, after which we should be ready anytime. At this point any
additional problems are only going to be discovered by having real users
bang at the real site with real non-English non-ISO-8859-1 text...

There are a few switches at the top of convertWiki2SQL.php for selecting
language-specific processing options, and wikiLocalSettings.php needs to
select the proper $wikiLanguage and $wikiSQLServer, but that's about it.
Other than those two, the PHP source files can be shared 100% between
various language wikipedias. (I've already included the Esperanto
message-localization file in the CVS repository, and I assume others
will be added as they are converted & translated.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)