Mailing List Archive

Meet the Wikimania 2023 Organizers and Program Subcommittee, Call for Program Submissions
Hi Folks,

If you have any questions or suggestions please join us at an upcoming
conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at
wikimania@wikimedia.org or on Telegram (https://t.me/wikimaniachat) .

Sunday, March 12 at 09:00 UTC
<https://iw.toolforge.org/zonestamp/1678611600>
Meeting link: https://meet.google.com/zqq-ojgn-ccp

Sunday, March 19 at 00:00 UTC
<https://iw.toolforge.org/zonestamp/1679184000>
Meeting link: https://meet.google.com/fit-vxck-nmk

Sunday, March 19 at 14:00 UTC
<https://iw.toolforge.org/zonestamp/1679234400>
Meeting link: https://meet.jit.si/Wikimania2023_Office_Hour

Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023?
Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy
poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28.

For details about the program submission process, you can go to
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Submissions

Reviewing the questions and preparing your answers before submitting them
would be helpful.
Go to https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Form_Questions to
know more.

For frequently asked questions, go to
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/FAQ

We have suggested 11 program tracks to organize and review the submissions
later. Please choose the track that applies best to your session.

- Community Initiatives
- Education
- Equity, Inclusion, and Community Health
- ESEAP (East, South East Asia, and the Pacific) Region
- GLAM, Heritage, and Culture
- Governance
- Legal, Advocacy, and Risks
- Open Data
- Research, Science, and Medicine
- Technology
- Wild Ideas

We appreciate your time and effort in filling your program proposals and
together we want make it happen in Wikimania this August!

--
Kind regards,

Butch Bustria
Chair, Wikimania 2023 Program Subcommittee
Event Lead, ESEAP Wikimania 2023 Core Organizing Team

The information contained in this message is privileged and intended only
for the recipients named. If the reader is not a representative of the
intended recipient, any review, dissemination or copying of this message or
the information it contains is prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the sender, and delete the
original message and attachments.

Re: Meet the Wikimania 2023 Organizers and Program Subcommittee, Call for Program Submissions [ In reply to ]
Hi Mr. Bustria,

Thank you for this information.

Regards,
Thersetya

Pada tanggal Jum, 10 Mar 2023 pukul 04.49 Butch Bustria <bustrias@gmail.com>

Re: Meet the Wikimania 2023 Organizers and Program Subcommittee, Call for Program Submissions [ In reply to ]
Hello Bustria,

Many thanks for the update.

translation to swahii done
.
Kind regards
Cosmas Chumba.

Re: Meet the Wikimania 2023 Organizers and Program Subcommittee, Call for Program Submissions [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the update.

Re: Meet the Wikimania 2023 Organizers and Program Subcommittee, Call for Program Submissions [ In reply to ]
merci pour les informations

Re: Meet the Wikimania 2023 Organizers and Program Subcommittee, Call for Program Submissions [ In reply to ]
I don't mean to be rude but I've already had over 30 Wikimania related
emails in my inbox this morning. Please could you consider whether everyone
needs to see your message before emailing the whole mailing list? I do
appreciate that's what I'm doing now! Thanks, Lucy

Lucy Crompton-Reid (she/her)
Chief Executive
Re: Meet the Wikimania 2023 Organizers and Program Subcommittee, Call for Program Submissions [ In reply to ]
Hi Everyone,

We appreciate your thanks. Please do not send it to the entire mailing
list. You may send to my email address if you wish send it anyway.

Kind regards,
Butch

Re: Meet the Wikimania 2023 Organizers and Program Subcommittee, Call for Program Submissions [ In reply to ]
I agree with Lucy, and ironically I have to send an email for this.

I get that most of you are truly thankful for the informations you get, but
please do consider that if everyone writes a thank you email each time, we
would be flooded with emails with little to no value added to the
discussion.

Please, if you want to express gratitude and happiness to the committee, or
if you have menial communications to do, such as completing a translation
in your language, please do address the committee in private and NOT
through this mailing list.

Let's keep this mailing list for important and/or urgent communications,
not for personal use.

Thanks and apologies for having to repeat these concepts in yet another
email.

L.

On Fri, 10 Mar 2023, 11:04 Lucy Crompton-Reid, <

Re: Meet the Wikimania 2023 Organizers and Program Subcommittee, Call for Program Submissions [ In reply to ]
ok message bien reçu