Mailing List Archive

Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages
Hi Folks!

A while ago we shared to you the diff post about our call for program
submission.

To promote language diversity and collaboration, We ask for your help to
translate the following Wikimania wiki pages to your native local languages
on your free time. We greatly appreciate if it is fully translated this
week. The program submission period ends on March 28.

? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Submissions

? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Form_Questions

? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/FAQ

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Butch Bustria
On behalf of the ESEAP Wikimania 2023 Core Organizing Team

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Acknowledged.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 8:09 AM, ESEAP Wikimania Core Organizing Team<wikimania2023@gmail.com> wrote: _______________________________________________
Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hii Butch
I am working on Punjabi translation.

Best
Jagseer (he/him)

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 12:39?PM ESEAP Wikimania Core Organizing Team <

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
I will be working on Igbo translation

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 6:07 AM, Jagseer S Sidhu<jagseersidhu98@gmail.com> wrote: _______________________________________________
Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
I am working on translation of the wikimania 2023 Pages to Makhuwa
language.

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hi I am working on kirundi traslation

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Will get it done within the week - working on English<>Igbo.

Lucy

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
I am working on Hausa translation.

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hi
I have translated
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Submissions into Punjabi.
Will translate remaining soon.

Best
Jagseer (he/him)
Punjabi Wikimedia User Group

On Wed, 1 Mar 2023, 12:39 pm ESEAP Wikimania Core Organizing Team, <

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
doing into Aymara

El sáb, 4 mar 2023 a las 4:10, Jagseer S Sidhu (<jagseersidhu98@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi
> I have translated
> https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Submissions into
> Punjabi. Will translate remaining soon.
>
> Best
> Jagseer (he/him)
> Punjabi Wikimedia User Group
>
> On Wed, 1 Mar 2023, 12:39 pm ESEAP Wikimania Core Organizing Team, <
> wikimania2023@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks!
>>
>> A while ago we shared to you the diff post about our call for program
>> submission.
>>
>> To promote language diversity and collaboration, We ask for your help to
>> translate the following Wikimania wiki pages to your native local languages
>> on your free time. We greatly appreciate if it is fully translated this
>> week. The program submission period ends on March 28.
>>
>> ? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Submissions
>>
>> ? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Form_Questions
>>
>> ? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/FAQ
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Butch Bustria
>> On behalf of the ESEAP Wikimania 2023 Core Organizing Team
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 1, 2023, 1:02 AM ESEAP Wikimania Core Organizing Team <
>> wikimania2023@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Do you want to present at Wikimania 2023 <https://www.wikimania.org>?
>>> Wikimania program submissions are open now until the end of day Tuesday 28
>>> March, anywhere on earth <https://zonestamp.toolforge.org/1680091140>.
>>> We welcome your session proposals. Read more on *Diff*
>>> <https://diff.wikimedia.org/2023/02/28/be-part-of-the-wikimania-2023-program/>and
>>> start preparing your ideas!
>>>
>>> We look forward to reviewing your submissions.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> *Butch Bustria *
>>> On behalf of the Wikimania 2023 Core Organizing Team

*Ruben Hilari Q.*

*Jaqi-Aru <http://www.jaqi-aru.org/>*
591-735-72-842
Skype: ruben.hilari
Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hi

Wow you Wikimedians are amazing, thank you for jumping in to translate the
program submission pages, and for all other pages on the Wikimania wiki it
is appreciated by the whole Organizing Team. We look forward to seeing
everyone in Singapore in August. Thank you again and keep up the great
effort to help make Wikimania accessible to everyone.

Regards
Gnangarra
Wikimania 2023 COT

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 at 06:05, Ruben Hilari-Jilalu <rhilare@gmail.com> wrote:

> doing into Aymara
>
> El sáb, 4 mar 2023 a las 4:10, Jagseer S Sidhu (<jagseersidhu98@gmail.com>)
> escribió:
>
>> Hi
>> I have translated
>> https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Submissions into
>> Punjabi. Will translate remaining soon.
>>
>> Best
>> Jagseer (he/him)
>> Punjabi Wikimedia User Group
>>
>> On Wed, 1 Mar 2023, 12:39 pm ESEAP Wikimania Core Organizing Team, <
>> wikimania2023@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks!
>>>
>>> A while ago we shared to you the diff post about our call for program
>>> submission.
>>>
>>> To promote language diversity and collaboration, We ask for your help
>>> to translate the following Wikimania wiki pages to your native local
>>> languages on your free time. We greatly appreciate if it is fully
>>> translated this week. The program submission period ends on March 28.
>>>
>>> ? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Submissions
>>>
>>> ? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Form_Questions
>>>
>>> ? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/FAQ
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>

>>> Kind regards,
>>> Butch Bustria
>>> On behalf of the ESEAP Wikimania 2023 Core Organizing Team

> *Ruben Hilari Q.*
>
> *Jaqi-Aru <http://www.jaqi-aru.org/>*
> 591-735-72-842
> Skype: ruben.hilari

Boodarwun
Gnangarra
'ngany dabakarn koorliny arn boodjera dardoon ngalang Nyungar koortaboodjar'
Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Dear Organizing Commitee,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve. We appreciate you for finding us worthy of this role.
Kind Regards.
Achukwu Onyinye JaneMember Igbo User Group, Nigeria.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 4:51 AM, Gnangarra<gnangarra@gmail.com> wrote: _______________________________________________
Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hi Everyone,

Please help to translate Central Notice Banner on Wikimania into your
language(s).

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-wm2023cfpbanner&task=view&filter=%21translated&action=translate&language=en

Also a quick translation request. It's 4 sentences to translate for the
Massmessage going out:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2023/Call_for_program_submissions

Kind regards,
Butch Bustria

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Acknowledged.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 5:08 AM, Butch Bustria<bustrias@gmail.com> wrote: _______________________________________________
Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hey,

I just translated into Urdu, but I've put into proofreading, will check
once I login on my laptop.

Thanks
Aafi

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Done with Igbo translation.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 5:13 AM, Aaqib Anjum Aafi<aaqibanjumaafi@gmail.com> wrote: _______________________________________________
Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hi Aafi and everyone,

If you have time, please also go to Wikimania wiki to check if your local
language is there. Click "translate this page" if there is none or if your
local language translation is still not complete.

? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Submissions

? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/Form_Questions

? https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/FAQ

Thank you so much.

Kind regards,
Butch Bustria

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hi
Wikipedia team, am really sorry because am not seeing my local language at
the moment in the translation Link of wiki page. Thanks

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
You can click the "Translate this Page" link at the top of the page, select
your language and begin translating this into your language.

Aafi

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hi Butch!

I have translated the page https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Program/FAQ/ur into Urdu!

Kind regards,
Aayan Arif
________________________________

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023, 11:51 AM Gnangarra <gnangarra@gmail.com<mailto:gnangarra@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi

Wow you Wikimedians are amazing, thank you for jumping in to translate the program submission pages, and for all other pages on the Wikimania wiki it is appreciated by the whole Organizing Team. We look forward to seeing everyone in Singapore in August. Thank you again and keep up the great effort to help make Wikimania accessible to everyone.

Regards
Gnangarra
Wikimania 2023 COT

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 at 06:05, Ruben Hilari-Jilalu <rhilare@gmail.com<mailto:rhilare@gmail.com>> wrote:
doing into Aymara

El s??b, 4 mar 2023 a las 4:10, Jagseer S Sidhu (<jagseersidhu98@gmail.com<mailto:jagseersidhu98@gmail.com>>) escribi??:

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hey Butch, I tried to input the translation to Yoruba language for "Be part
of the Wikimania 2023 program, virtually or in person", but it said
"Publishing the translation failed: You do not have permission to edit
pages in the CNBanner namespace."

I'm not sure what it means but here's the translation:

J?? apákàn tí ??t?? Wikimania 2023, ó f??r?? tó tabi ní eniyan.

Kind regards,
Olawunmi Ogunkunle.

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Good evening
I am unable to submit/published the translated sentences. Please advise on
how to proceed.

Kind regards.

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Check if you are logged in.... Also you might not be following the right
steps to translate

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Try to check to log out and log back in.

If not, try to go to Wikimania wiki and log in then try to translate the
Program Submission page, FAQ and Form Questions.

Kind regards,
Butch

Re: Wikimania 2023 : Call for Program Submission, language translation of Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Good morning sir I have reviewed in my local language