Mailing List Archive

Re: Confirming being re-subscribed
Hi,
I believe I have resubscribed everyone from a previous backup.

Best

Am Do., 19. Jan. 2023 um 03:23 Uhr schrieb Butch Bustria <bustrias@gmail.com

Amir (he/him)
Re: Confirming being re-subscribed [ In reply to ]
Thank you Amir for sorting this out.

To everyone - 2023 Wikimania scholarship deadline is in 6 days!

Re: Confirming being re-subscribed [ In reply to ]
Amir I have applied, hope my information is correct and captured.

GJA Regards
Re: Confirming being re-subscribed [ In reply to ]
To recap what happened:

On 18 January, many subscribers to Wikimania-l received a "you have been
unsubscribed" message in error. Most recipients in fact remained subscribed
to this list.

Many subscribers sent messages to the list to check with one another that
they are still subscribed. As Butch and I have written, if you can see this
message, you are still subscribed.

As of 30 January, server administrator Amir confirmed that all subscribers'
access has been restored from a server backup.

The listadmins apologize for the inconvenience.

If you would rather unsubscribe from this mailing list, please follow the
instructions at the footer of this email.

--Deryck

Re: Confirming being re-subscribed [ In reply to ]
Thank you, I'm still subscribed

Best
Tochi

*Alles ist möglich!*

Re: Confirming being re-subscribed [ In reply to ]
Dear all,

Kindly note:
1) this mailing list has hundreds subscribers;
2) the mailing list is not a chat/messenger, it is should consist only the
important information, so no one will miss it;
3) overcrowding the mailing list with non-mandatory personal short
replies/requests is not polite, as you should remember that hundreds of
people will read it.

If you have any requests/questions, please address them privately to the
single recipient of your request/question, not hundreds of people that have
to read it.
If you would like to thank someone from the mailing list, please do so
privately, avoiding hundreds of people reading it.

Finally, I would like to apologize for sending this essential email that
everyone has to read, but I hope at least this one will stop the continuing
requests/questions/replies on private matters.

Thank you for understanding, and have a nice day.

Best regards,
Levon