Mailing List Archive

Wikimania 2021 Hackathon and Session Acceptances
Dear Community Members,

We are pleased to announce that a hackathon
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2021:Hackathon> will take place on
the first day of Wikimania (August 13th). During the 24 hours covering all
time zones, we aim to provide a space where the technical community as well
as others interested, including newcomers, can gather. We also aim to
onboard people who would like to get involved in Mediawiki development and
the tools ecosystem.

We see Hackathon as a space for experiments. With an open schedule and a
light, self-organized mindset, the hackathon day is the perfect opportunity
for you to try new projects, formats or to gather people and start working
on a new idea.

To learn more about this year’s hackathon, discover how to start a project,
or book a slot in the program, please visit this page:
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2021:Hackathon

If you have any questions, feel free to use the related talk page to
contact the organizing team or join the community conversation on Telegram (see
link <https://t.me/wikimaniachat>).

Session Submissions Updates

A first round of acceptances for the session submissions have been sent out
already and respective community members notified via email. In response to
so many great submissions, we have largely expanded the available virtual
space at Wikimania. However, this is quite a complex and time-consuming
task. We thank you for your patience and will continue to communicate the
results over the next few days.

Wikimania 2021 Registration is Open. Please register HERE
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wikimania-2021-tickets-161884957265> if you
haven’t done so already.

Best Wishes,

Winnie Kabintie (User:Ms_Kabintie
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ms_Kabintie>), on behalf of the
Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team.
Re: Wikimania 2021 Hackathon and Session Acceptances [ In reply to ]
Have emails been sent to all submission authors, or only authors whose
submissions were accepted in the first round?