Mailing List Archive

Wikimania 2021 - Language Approach Update
Dear Community Members,

We are once again pleased to share a great update on Wikimania 2021
regarding language support. With the new changes, speakers will not need to
provide an English transcription for their pre-recorded sessions if they
would not be in English as we had communicated in our previously announced
language approach
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2021/05/21/making-wikimania-2021-inclusive-and-accessible-our-language-and-timezone-approach/>
.

Please Read More about our revised language Approach HERE
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2021/06/29/wikimania-2021-update-to-our-language-approach/>
.

We are grateful to everyone that joined our COT office Hours and shared
ideas that informed this new language Approach.

https://diff.wikimedia.org/2021/06/29/wikimania-2021-update-to-our-language-approach/

Best Wishes,

Winnie Kabintie (User:Ms_Kabintie
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ms_Kabintie>), on behalf of the