interested to get a sense of these discussions or share your thoughts
with others about this topic, we (Research+Policy teams at Wikimedia
Foundation) invite you to attend a 45-min meet-up about this topic on
Sunday, 13:10-13:55, in Curie, Aula Magna. The meet-up page is at
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Meetups/Disinformation .

This is a very short meet-up and we will start on-time as a result.
Please plan for it if you intend to attend. :)

Leila

Re: Disinformation meet-up - Sunday, August 18, 13:10-13:55 [ In reply to ]
fascinating, I'll be there for sure!

dj

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 9:07 AM Leila Zia <leila@wikimedia.org<mailto:leila@wikimedia.org>> wrote:
Hi all,

Over the past days, we have been hearing or have been part of small
group conversations about the topic of disinformation. If you're
interested to get a sense of these discussions or share your thoughts
with others about this topic, we (Research+Policy teams at Wikimedia
Foundation) invite you to attend a 45-min meet-up about this topic on
Sunday, 13:10-13:55, in Curie, Aula Magna. The meet-up page is at
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Meetups/Disinformation .

This is a very short meet-up and we will start on-time as a result.
Please plan for it if you intend to attend. :)

Leila

[http://crow.kozminski.edu.pl/minds.jpg]<http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/> prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
kierownik katedry MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies)
Akademia Leona Ko?mi?skiego
http://NeRDS.kozminski.edu.pl <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>

Ostatnie artyku?y:

* Dariusz Jemielniak, Maciej Wilamowski (2017) Cultural Diversity of Quality of Information on Wikipedias<http://crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/cultures%20of%20wikipedias.pdf> Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 68: 10. 2460–2470.
* Dariusz Jemielniak (2016) Wikimedia Movement Governance: The Limits of A-Hierarchical Organization<http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/wikimedia_governance.pdf> Journal of Organizational Change Management 29: 3. 361-378.
* Dariusz Jemielniak, Eduard Aibar (2016) Bridging the Gap Between Wikipedia and Academia<http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/bridging.pdf> Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 67: 7. 1773-1776.
* Dariusz Jemielniak (2016) Breaking the Glass Ceiling on Wikipedia<http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/glass-ceiling.pdf> Feminist Review 113: 1. 103-108.
* Tadeusz Che?kowski, Peter Gloor, Dariusz Jemielniak (2016) Inequalities in Open Source Software Development: Analysis of Contributor’s Commits in Apache Software Foundation Projects<http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/asset?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0152976.PDF>, PLoS ONE 11: 4. e0152976.
Re: Disinformation meet-up - Sunday, August 18, 13:10-13:55 [ In reply to ]
Hi Leila,

I'm _not_ at Wikimania this year, but am interested in the topic of
disinformation research. So, while I'll be unable to attend the meetup on
Sunday, I would be interested in contributing or helping with either
research or discussions that might evolve out of the meeting.

Thanks,
Gerald

Re: Disinformation meet-up - Sunday, August 18, 13:10-13:55 [ In reply to ]
I'll try to be there. The Research track talks today were very rich with
information & areas for future work.

Re: Disinformation meet-up - Sunday, August 18, 13:10-13:55 [ In reply to ]
Wish I could have been there for this -- please let me know if there was a
followup space for future discussion.
Wikiconf North America this November will be focused on credibility, so I'm
both personally and eventually interested! SJ

Samuel Klein @metasj w:user:sj +1 617 529 4266
Re: Disinformation meet-up - Sunday, August 18, 13:10-13:55 [ In reply to ]
Hi SJ and all.

Thanks to all of you who attended the event and the words of support here
and off-list even when you couldn't make it.

Next steps:

* I'll write a summary of topics discussed in the meeting and will share.

* We want to create a space around this topic to be able to continue the
conversations virtually (as well as in person). There was a suggestion
about using space.wmflabs.org for it. My todo is to look into it and let
you all know if space is the place and if not where it is.

Stay tuned.

Re: Disinformation meet-up - Sunday, August 18, 13:10-13:55 [ In reply to ]
I think that this is a good topic for discussion, and I think that Meta
would be a good place for further online discussion.

I think that Discourse has promise, but I'm not a fan of Wikimedia Space
and I don't participate there, nor am I likely to do so in the future.

Pine
Re: Disinformation meet-up - Sunday, August 18, 13:10-13:55 [ In reply to ]
Hi all,

Here is the update:

* Notes from our meet-up are now added in the bottom of
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Meetups/Disinformation . In
part 3, I had to do some paraphrasing and retrieving information from
memory and I may have misrepresented a point you raised. If that is
the case, please feel free to update it. If you don't want to directly
edit the page, let me know and I'll update it for you.

* I spent some time in the past two days to understand how
space.wmflabs.org works (newbie here;) and I agree with the suggestion
from our meet-up to use that space for continuing the conversation
between folks who attended the meetup in Wikimania (and those who
didn't but are interested to join). The future conversations can take
place in: https://discuss-space.wmflabs.org/c/research/disinformation
. Feel free to "watch" the subcategory to receive notifications about
new topics and conversations.

Leila

p.s. Pine, As you know, I am familiar with meta and its
functionalities and I see that for this specific conversation space
gives us functionalities and guidelines that can be helpful. While I'm
open to changes in the future, I'm happy for us to give it a try in
this new environment.

Re: Disinformation meet-up - Sunday, August 18, 13:10-13:55 [ In reply to ]
Whoa, those minutes are amazing. Thank you Leila.