Mailing List Archive

New Sister Projects lunchtime meetup today
The New Sister Projects Meetup is a gathering together of Wikimedians
interested in experimenting with proposals for new sister projects.

There has been no new sister project since 2012!

Let's talk about ways to make a more agile process where it is much easier
to start small new projects to see if they work out, and maybe also to
merge old projects if they do not work out.

One such proposal is Wikispore, which involves a Community Wishlist-style
contest, but existing proposals like Wikimedia genealogy project, as well
as all subject-based and general ideas will be considered.

Technical input from small wiki founders/administrators and MediaWiki
developers/installers will also be more than welcome!

Since this conflicts with other important meetups, we will be glad to
schedule a follow-up session later at Wikimania if there is interest.

**Saturday, 17 August, 13:00 – 14:00 (1:00 - 2:00 pm) Central European
Summer Time - meet at lunchtime in Lessing (D499)**

Sign up here:
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Meetups/New_Sister_Projects

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)
Re: New Sister Projects lunchtime meetup today [ In reply to ]
Would love to be part of the discussion but.... I like to see a oral or
intangible knowledge project to collect both cultural histories and
personal experiences to add to the stories being told on Wikipedia

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 15:14, Pharos <pharosofalexandria@gmail.com> wrote:

> The New Sister Projects Meetup is a gathering together of Wikimedians
> interested in experimenting with proposals for new sister projects.
>
> There has been no new sister project since 2012!
>
> Let's talk about ways to make a more agile process where it is much easier
> to start small new projects to see if they work out, and maybe also to
> merge old projects if they do not work out.
>
> One such proposal is Wikispore, which involves a Community Wishlist-style
> contest, but existing proposals like Wikimedia genealogy project, as well
> as all subject-based and general ideas will be considered.
>
> Technical input from small wiki founders/administrators and MediaWiki
> developers/installers will also be more than welcome!
>
> Since this conflicts with other important meetups, we will be glad to
> schedule a follow-up session later at Wikimania if there is interest.
>
> **Saturday, 17 August, 13:00 – 14:00 (1:00 - 2:00 pm) Central European
> Summer Time - meet at lunchtime in Lessing (D499)**
>
> Sign up here:
> https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Meetups/New_Sister_Projects
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
> (User:Pharos)

GN.
Noongarpedia: https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/nys/Main_Page
Out now: A.Gaynor, P. Newman and P. Jennings (eds.), *Never Again:
Reflections on Environmental Responsibility after Roe 8*, UWAP, 2017. Order
here
<https://uwap.uwa.edu.au/products/never-again-reflections-on-environmental-responsibility-after-roe-8>
.
Re: New Sister Projects lunchtime meetup today [ In reply to ]
Indeed, representing oral knowledge in wikis is very much part of the goal
here!

Hope those interested in oral history / knowledge can join sometime during
the lunch hour today.

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

Re: New Sister Projects lunchtime meetup today [ In reply to ]
Note that lunch is 12:00-13:00 today.

Re: New Sister Projects lunchtime meetup today [ In reply to ]
Yes, my mistake, this is during today's lunch hour.

Thanks,
Richard
(User: Pharos)

Re: New Sister Projects lunchtime meetup today [ In reply to ]
Ok, that was much more remote than I thought - relocating to Myrdal Space
(J) just outside Magna Aula instead.

Will convene outside at 12:15.

Thanks,
Richard

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 11:30 AM Pharos <pharosofalexandria@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, my mistake, this is during today's lunch hour.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
> (User: Pharos)
>
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 11:27 AM Tisza Gerg? <gtisza@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Note that lunch is 12:00-13:00 today.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 9:14 AM Pharos <pharosofalexandria@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The New Sister Projects Meetup is a gathering together of Wikimedians
>>> interested in experimenting with proposals for new sister projects.
>>>
>>> There has been no new sister project since 2012!
>>>
>>> Let's talk about ways to make a more agile process where it is much
>>> easier to start small new projects to see if they work out, and maybe also
>>> to merge old projects if they do not work out.
>>>
>>> One such proposal is Wikispore, which involves a Community
>>> Wishlist-style contest, but existing proposals like Wikimedia genealogy
>>> project, as well as all subject-based and general ideas will be considered.
>>>
>>> Technical input from small wiki founders/administrators and MediaWiki
>>> developers/installers will also be more than welcome!
>>>
>>> Since this conflicts with other important meetups, we will be glad to
>>> schedule a follow-up session later at Wikimania if there is interest.
>>>
>>> **Saturday, 17 August, 13:00 – 14:00 (1:00 - 2:00 pm) Central European
>>> Summer Time - meet at lunchtime in Lessing (D499)**
>>>
>>> Sign up here:
>>> https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Meetups/New_Sister_Projects
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Richard