Member, WikiResearch Tunisia
Member, Wiki Project Med
Member, WikiIndaba Steering Committee
Member, Wikimedia and Library User Group Steering Committee
Co-Founder, WikiLingua Maghreb
Founder, TunSci
____________________
+21629499418
Re: Support for my UK Transit visa application [ In reply to ]
Hello Turki,

If you already got your Swedish visa they I think you should use an airline
owned by a schengen state (KLM, Airfrance, Brussels Airlines, Alitalia,
Iberia, etc.) to avoid any hustle.

Just my two cents.

Le jeu. 1 août 2019 à 15:39, Houcemeddine A. Turki <
turkiabdelwaheb@hotmail.fr> a écrit :

> Dear all,
> I thank you for your efforts. I applied today for my UK transit visa so
> that I can travel to Stockholm through London. They said me that they will
> answer me within 15 working days. However, I will be travelling to attend
> Wikimania on August 15, 2019. I ask if someone can interfere so that my
> visa application can be fastly processed.
> Yours Sincerely,
> Houcemeddine Turki (he/him)
> Medical Student, Faculty of Medicine of Sfax, University of Sfax, Tunisia
> Undergraduate Researcher, UR12SP36
> GLAM and Education Coordinator, Wikimedia TN User Group
> Member, WikiResearch Tunisia
> Member, Wiki Project Med
> Member, WikiIndaba Steering Committee
> Member, Wikimedia and Library User Group Steering Committee
> Co-Founder, WikiLingua Maghreb
> Founder, TunSci

*Felix Nartey*
*Cofounder/Board Chair *
*Website: Open Foundation West Africa
<https://openfoundationwestafrica.org/>*
*+233242844987 | **+4915202421275*
*Skype:Flixtey*
Re: Support for my UK Transit visa application [ In reply to ]
Hi Houcemeddine,

Having had a problem with a UK visa for London Wikimania, the only help you can get is from the UK embassy in the country where you applied.

There is nothing useful that can be done elsewhere, as you have already submitted your application and cannot add any supporting documents, and applications are managed locally (or in a neighbouring country if the embassy in your country is too small).

The best thing you can do is contacting the local embassy, especially when the deadline is approaching. With some luck you will be able to speak to a person and not to an answering machine.

Good luck
Mykola (NickK)

Re: Support for my UK Transit visa application [ In reply to ]
If you're a WMF scholarship recipient, the travel agent that WMF uses may
be able to rebook you on an alternative itinerary which does not require a
transit visa. Contact them at wikimaniascholarships2019@wikimedia.org .