Mailing List Archive

What's happening with the Community Village this year?
Hey all,

some of you might have thought already: What's happening with the Community
Village this year?

My name is Cornelius, some of you might know me from previous Wikimanias,
or the Wikimedia Conference/Wikimedia Summit in Berlin, that I organize
annually. This year, I'm volunteer to revamp the Community Village a bit
and try out new things.

I would like to highlight two opportunities at this year's Wikimania:

- *As an individual participant:* Especially for newcomers, Wikimania is
an overwhelming event: So many participants, so many talks to choose, how
do I get to know people? We would like to introduce an easy, light-way to
get to know people. *We will contact everyone who has bought a ticket
via Eventbrite*, and will send you a form asking a couple of questions,
like your main interest at Wikimania, and a photo. Based on this info, we
will print participant cards, cluster them by main interest, and hang them:
So at one glance you will see who's there and who's interested in the same
topic like you! You can find all details regarding that in the Wikimania
wiki. <https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Community_Village>

- *As a Wikimedia affiliate:* Affiliates are an important part of the
Wikimedia movement: We would like to give them the space to present their
work via an “organizational gallery” that will connect two main conference
buildings. If you are part of a Wikimedia affiliate, you can submit a
poster that will be printed for you and hung on the organizational gallery.
If you are interested in submitting. You can find all details regarding
that in the Wikimania wiki.
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Community_Village> Please
note: This is not María Cruz' poster session, that focuses on projects &
initiatives. María has a different process, that is already completed.

For both, submission deadline is August 9. Of course, both opportunities
are completely voluntarily – but let's try out something new and see how it
goes! :)

I've set up a page in the Wikimania wiki explaining everything that I wrote
about:
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Community_Village

If you have questions on anything regarding that, please drop me a line.

Cheers
Cornelius

--
Cornelius Kibelka
Internationale Beziehungen | International Relations

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207