Mailing List Archive

Wikimania 2019 Update
Hi all,

After a couple of beautiful, sunny weeks of summer, the weather in
Stockholm has changed to cold, grey and rainy. Fingers crossed that that
means that weather in August during Wikimania will be beautiful and sunny
again!

It's not too many weeks left, and I hope the preparations for those of you
who are coming are going well! We look forward to having you in Stockholm!

A couple of updates at this point:

-

You can still book hotel rooms at the Comfort Hotel Xpress Stockholm
Central to a special discounted rate for another couple of days *- last
day 13 July*. If you are interested in this option, don't wait! On
the accommodation
page <https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Accommodation> on the
Wikimania wiki we have also listed some other possible alternatives, if you
wish to find accommodation on your own.

-

The program is still under development, and you can follow the
development on the wiki. We have however already published information on
the welcome reception and the closing party. We are excited for these
events, and hope you are so too! More information can be found here
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Social_events>.
-

On the Thursday before the main conference starts, Wikimedia Sverige is
arranging two culture crawls where you will be able to visit some of the
best museums in Stockholm for free. If you wish to participate in those,
check out the culture crawl site
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Related_activities/Culture_Crawl>
on the wiki! Don't wait with signing up if interested: there is a limited
amount of places!
-

There are also a number of other related
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Related_activities>
activities happening during the week. Sign up for photo walks, museum tours
and edit-a-thons with partners and friends.

Best,

*Eric Luth*
Conference Manager, Wikimedia Sverige
eric.luth@wikimedia.se
+46 (0) 765 55 50 95

Stöd fri kunskap, bli medlem i Wikimedia Sverige.
Läs mer på blimedlem.wikimedia.se
Re: Wikimania 2019 Update [ In reply to ]
"How to contact you online? *
If someone would like to contact you online – what's the best way? Name
your preferred way of communication. It can be anything: E-Mail, Twitter,
Instagram, Facebook, IRC, Telegram, whatever you feel like. Maximum 70
characters."

So, not the user talk page? --Deryck

Re: Wikimania 2019 Update [ In reply to ]
Deryck, whatever you like. If it's your talk page (which one?), you can
state that of course. :)

Cornelius

--

Cornelius Kibelka

Internationale Beziehungen | International Relations
Vorstandsteam | Office of the ED