Mailing List Archive

Announcing the Spaces and call for submissions for Wikimania 2019 Stockholm
Dear Wikimaniacs, Wikimedians, and friends of the Wikiverse!

On behalf of the Wikimania 2019 Stockholm organising team, I am pleased to
announce two things:

- The list of accepted "Spaces".

- That the Call for Submissions is now OPEN.

https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Submissions

Please join me in congratulating the Leaders of each of the accepted
Wikimania 2019 Spaces! As per the program design[1], Wikimania this year
has the format of "Spaces", each with its own group of "Leaders" - all of
who made a proposal to host a Space back in March. The core team has been
working with the Leaders since then to prepare an interesting, diverse, and
coherent conference. Each Space has its own topic area, and in their own
way they all of them help address the conference theme: "Stronger together:
Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals".[2]

Each Space will have its own room for a period of time in the conference to
curate and coordinate as they see fit.[3] You can read about what each
Space is planning to achieve, and who is Leading it, at the link above. In
English-alphabetical order they are:

-

Accessibility (A11y): Components and Standards
-

Global Advocacy for Free Knowledge: Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities
-

Community Growth
-

Diversity
-

Education
-

Environmental sustainability
-

GLAM - cultural partnerships and Wikimedia
-

Growing Wikimedia’s readership worldwide
-

Health
-

Languages
-

Libraries belong in Wikimedia projects
-

Multimedia knowledge
-

Partnerships
-

Quality
-

Research
-

Thriving in Safety
-

Strategy for Wikimedia 2030 – The path towards our future
-

Transcription
-

Technology outreach & innovation

And of course the Poster session, which will be a plenary event.

For 2019, there is no 'central' program committee nor a single submission
form. To make a submission, visit the page of the Space which most relates
to your proposal, read its instructions for what kinds of submissions the
Leaders of that Space wish to receive. Then click the submission button.

Each Space is looking for different kinds of content or format. So it is
important that people wanting to propose a presentation/workshop/panel/etc
at Wikimania read the information that the Leaders of each Space have
provided.

Once again, the link to the list of all the accepted Spaces, each with its
own submission form, is here:
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Submissions#Spaces

Please feel free to share/forward this email.

Sincerely,

- Liam Wyatt (Volunteer program chair), and Eric Luth (Conference Manager,
Wikimedia Sverige)

[1] https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Program_design

[2] https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Theme

[3] Note that the Spaces do NOT all have the same room capacity, or
duration. Thus the content of the Wikimania program is not intending to be
'evenly spread' across these topic areas.
Re: Announcing the Spaces and call for submissions for Wikimania 2019 Stockholm [ In reply to ]
Announcing the new EXTENDED DEADLINE for Wikimania program submissions:
June 9!

All the details are at:
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Submissions

Please spread this news, and encourage people you know are attending to
think about sharing their voice and perspective by presenting a workshop,
presentation, poster...

-- Liam / Wittylama, volunteer program chair & Eric Luth, WM-Sweden event
coordinator