Mailing List Archive

Fwd: Photogrammetry Training at The Postal Museum in September
Those of you involved in GLAM projects may be eligible to attend this:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Bruce <Andrew.Bruce@postalmuseum.org>
Date: 8 August 2018 at 11:00
Subject: Photogrammetry Training at The Postal Museum in September

Hello Everyone!

Through the London Museum Development Digital Futures Scheme we're
happy to be offering a free one-day photogrammetry training workshop
at The Postal Museum Digitisation Studio on Tuesday 4th September.
https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/supporting-london-museums/training-and-skills/digital-futures

Run by myself, Hannah Winn (The Postal Museum) and Alec Ward (London
Museum Development, Museum of London) this course will cover the
absolute basics and is aimed at cultural heritage professionals in
general, so please do share with your colleagues outside of the
studio, but is also well suited as an introduction to photogrammetry
for photographers and imaging techs. We'll go through the whole
process of capture, processing and building a model using Agisoft
Photoscan (a free demo can be downloaded). We'll also discuss
different software options and scanning technology with side-by-side
comparisons.
Priority is given to staff/volunteers working at non-national London museums.

Best Wishes
Andrew

Andrew Bruce

The Postal Museum | 15-20 Phoenix Place | London WC1X 0DA

T: +44 (0)300 0300 700 | M: 07766 620308 | E: andrew.bruce@postalmuseum.org

The Postal Museum is the public identity of the Postal Heritage Trust.
Registered as a charity in England and Wales. Registered Charity
Number 1102360. Company Number 48960

---------- End of forwarded message ----------

--
Andy Mabbett