Mailing List Archive

Meetup today: Design meetup at 7pm in room London
Hello fellow design-interested Wikimanians,

tonight we'll have the *first design meetup*
<https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Participatory_Design_Meetup> for
anyone who is interested in, or does design on their wiki, to have a space
to talk to people doing similar things (differently), exchange on
resources, ask questions etc.

*Let's finally connect and learn from each other!*

We're meeting tonight at *7pm in room London* to talk all things design and
usability.

Don't forget to sign up if you're interested!

*About the event:*

*Design happens, whether a designer is present or not.*

We want to talk about how design is handled in your community, and how we
can support each other to build a sustainable infrastructure to enable
meaningful design contributions. The software development structures have
been around for a long time and work fairly well, but there is no such
thing for design and other non-code contributions.

Let's explore the design needs of the communities and work towards creating
a space for mutual learning as well as a shared understanding of it.
Especially because everyone has their own expertise it would be beneficial
for anyone, designers, editors, developers... to learn from each other in a
sustainable way by documenting workflows, methodologies, sharing tools etc.
This all ties in with participatory design
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participatory_design> and it would be great
to share what kinds of methods you have tried in your communities and
generally exchange on our experiences and ideas.
?Best
Charlie?