Mailing List Archive

InfoBlast to Wikimania 2018 Attendees
Hello all!

A more expansive version of this email was sent out last night via
Eventbrite, but I’ve posted a stripped down version here for those of you
whose spam filters don’t get along with Eventbrite. We have some important
information that we would like to convey to you to insure that conference
continues to go smoothly.

FOOD

Your lanyard guarantees you unlimited access to any and all of the food
stands throughout the four levels (3 through Ground), which are open from
10 am to 4pm each day. Your badge also gets you into the lunch buffet on
the ground floor, which has a more expanded menu for those of you looking
for vegetarian or vegan options.

CLOSING PARTY

We have a limited number of people we can accommodate at the closing party,
so tickets have been issued to people whose registration guarantees access
to the closing party. If you have any questions about this, come by the reg
desk to discuss with me.

However, we do have some extra tickets left! We will be releasing all of
those left over tickets at 12:45pm on Sunday, during the lunch break but
before the lightning talks. Those can be claimed on a first-come
first-serve basis at the registration desk on the 3rd floor at that time.

Registration that afternoon closes at 2pm. At that point, any unclaimed
tickets will be handed off to the organizers of the event, who will give
them out at the door on a first-come first-serve basis as well.

Buses will depart the hotel for the Closing Party between 6:15 - 6:40pm.
Buses will return starting at 10:30pm. The restaurant closes at 12:00am,
and the final bus will leave for the hotel at that time.

LANYARDS

Black lanyards indicate that the attendee does not want to be photographed. We
ran out of the beaded lanyards during the pre-conference so some delegates
were issued plain yellow lanyards. But we have more in stock! If you got a
plain lanyard but would like to change it in for a beaded one, swing by the
regdesk and we’ll get you sorted.

TSHIRTS

We will be releasing any unclaimed tees Sunday afternoon for those of you
who would like to grab one.

Thank you all so much! Welcome to Wikimania 2018, and I hope you enjoy the
remainder of the conference!

On behalf of the organizers,

Irene Tait

Conference Assistant