Mailing List Archive

Wikimania - Social media workshop Wednesday at 1900
Will you be at Wikimania on Wednesday evening? Then join us for the first
ever Social Media “One-Night Stand” workshop session with Andrew Lih and
Sree Sreenivasan from 1900 to 2030. All are invited, even if you’re not
signed up for pre-conference, and this will be especially useful for
chapters and user group leaders, or anyone interested in outreach.

How might we more effectively use social media to further Wikimedia’s
mission globally and locally?

Join this hands-on workshop with social media guru Sree Sreenivasan (former
chief digital officer of The Metropolitan Museum of Art and Columbia
University) and veteran Wikimedian Andrew Lih (User:Fuzheado) as they march
through social and mobile strategies via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook,
WhatsApp and other platforms for community engagement. Come share your own
strategies and success/failure stories for using social media with your own
communities.

More details here:
https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Social_Media_One-Night_Stand

We will also plan to showcase these tools at the Water Scarcity edit-a-thon
the next day at the Cape Town Tourism offices, by using Facebook Live,
Twitter and Instagram. We encourage folks to not only help edit Wikimedia
content, but come and practice using social media to cover our community
for the world to see.

https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_edit-a-thon

--
-Andrew Lih