An hour ago I arrived in Cape Town, in the rain!
People with happy faces in the rain.

Even while it is dark here, the Table Mountain in full dark is extremely
beautiful thanks to the clouds behind it.

The staff of the hotel is exited for all you to come next week!

Welcome all to South Africa!

Greetings,

Romaine
Re: Raining in Cape Town [ In reply to ]
Hello Romaine!

Rain is not a problem... when there are happy faces :)

I will be packing tomorrow and I was wondering whether I will be needing my
heavy winter jacket, or whether a lighter one will do... is it just rainy,
or also cold and windy?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I will be there on the 16th
around noon, if there are any casual meet-ups for the evening I will be
happy to be there :)

Best,
Mina (Greece)

Re: Raining in Cape Town [ In reply to ]
I'm here already as well and the weather is beautiful so far!

If anyone who's here already is interested in exploring the city together
for a few hours Sundau or Tuesday, give me a shout.

Looking forward to the conference and meeting you all soon \o/

Best
Charlie

Re: Raining in Cape Town [ In reply to ]
Hi Mina,

Depends on what you plan to do. In the city it is a reasonable temperature
and a lighter jacket will do. But on top of Table Mountain it was very cold
and very windy today.

Casual meetups certainly take place every evening at the bar of the
Southern Sun Cape Sun hotel. I can buy you a drink if you come there.

Romaine

Re: Raining in Cape Town [ In reply to ]
How did you get to Table Mountain from the city centre?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Raining in Cape Town [ In reply to ]
Good question Andy... WOW travel agency wrote to me that the easiest way is
by taxi or Uber (is this really affordable?)

Re: Raining in Cape Town [ In reply to ]
Here are the options

https://www.tablemountain.net/content/page/getting-here

Sent from my iPad

Re: Raining in Cape Town [ In reply to ]
Taxis are a few dollars for a ride around town departing the Cape Sun
Hotel, most trustworthy is Unioncab. But at the hotel they'll gladly book
for you.
Uber is cheaper yes, but has a bit of a reputation.
The hop on/hop of bus goes to the cable carts off Table Mountain as well,
but I've heard that they only go untill next Sunday the 22nd.

Vriendelijke groet,
Ciell

Re: Raining in Cape Town [ In reply to ]
Hi Andy,

I took the CitySightseeing tour as it took me also to other interesting
places I wanted to see and to have an overview of the city. It brings you
directly to the lower station of the cable car.
Besides the clouded mountain I especially enjoyed the beach with rushing
waves.