wondering if there would be interest in an informal edit-a-thon about South
African plants during the conference? We could take pictures, add sources,
improve Wikidata items, etc etc.

If there is interest, I can make a page and we can try to figure out a good
time. Perhaps as a thematic meetup, during the pre-conference, or just
afterwards as a field trip?

cheers,
Phoebe
Re: let's edit about plants! [ In reply to ]
Count me in!

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 11:17 AM phoebe ayers <phoebe.ayers@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Like many attendees I expect, I am looking forward to visiting
> Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden and other gardens in Cape Town! Laura (cc'd)
> and I were wondering if there would be interest in an informal edit-a-thon
> about South African plants during the conference? We could take pictures,
> add sources, improve Wikidata items, etc etc.
>
> If there is interest, I can make a page and we can try to figure out a
> good time. Perhaps as a thematic meetup, during the pre-conference, or just
> afterwards as a field trip?
>
> cheers,
> Phoebe

Jackie Koerner, Ph.D.
Researcher & Visiting Scholar
jackiekoerner.com

I use a large font to aim for readability and accessibility for all, which
is in line with Universal Design (UD). For more information on UD, visit
http://www.udlcenter.org/.
Re: let's edit about plants! [ In reply to ]
For those new to the topic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Floristic_Region

Re: let's edit about plants! [ In reply to ]
I would expect the session to be like this:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Women_in_botany_and_Wikipedia.webm