Mailing List Archive

Call for Wikimania '18 Program Committee Members
Dear all,

We are looking for members of the 2018 Wikimania program committee.

The committee will help put together the program and schedule for

Wikimania 2018, to be held on July 18-22 in Cape Town, South Africa.

https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania

Committee member responsibilities include helping promote the call for

presentations, recruiting speakers, and reviewing program

submissions. Review dates this year will be in the March-April timeframe
?.?

?P
rogram committee members
?will need to c
ommit to having availability

for reviewing submissions and weekly meetings during this time.

Themes of the conference include the advancement of Free Knowledge,

the role of academic and cultural institutions within the movement, privacy

and rights, and the role of technology to further those objectives.
Wikimania 2018
? ?
will specifically focus on the gaps - gender, cultural, demographic and
knowledge -
? ?
and strategies for reducing them.

If you are a Wikimedian interested in building a great Wikimania
? based around the above the?me
, you
? ?
are welcome to apply! We are especially looking for committee members
? ?
with experience with (one or more of) sister projects, non-English
? ?
speaking communities, technical projects, or GLAM and education
? ?
projects.

? ?

Please let us know if you are interested by contacting

wikimania-program@lists. wikimedia.org with your name, interest, and

availability. We will be forming the committee quickly.

Thank you,

Liam Wyatt, Emna Mizouni, and Felix Nartey

Program Committee Co-Chairs, Wikimania ‘18

?
Call for Wikimania '18 Program Committee Members [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I'm Interested to contribute to Program Committee
I have experiences on Glam / Education or Technical
Bests

--

*Mohammed Bachounda*
Leader Wikimedia Algérie UG