Mailing List Archive

2016-2017 report for Wikipedia Connection student group
Hi all,

I'm pleased to share Wikipedia Connection's annual report for the 2016-2017
school year.

<
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Connection/Annual_Reports/2016-17

Wikipedia Connection (<
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Connection>) is a student
organization at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, USA. The
group, run entirely by students with faculty support, hosts edit-a-thons,
workshops, presentations, photo hunts, and more on campus. The 2016-2017
report summarizes all the year's events, which brought in > 130 campus
participants through the year.

In addition to Wikipedia Connection, there have been Wikipedia student
organizations at Michigan University, Cambridge, National Taiwan
University, Pune, and a few more places. Wikipedia student organizations
are relatively lowkey on the global scale. Hopefully this report showcases
some of the things that can be done with universities - I think there's a
lot of potential for Wikipedia student groups around the world, and
documenting the process of setting up and running Wikipedia student
organizations is a project I'm planning for the near future.

Thanks,
Kevin Payravi
SuperHamster on en.wiki