Mailing List Archive

info on the wikimania programme
Hi all! For those attending Wikimania, I can't wait to see you! Here's a
couple things to keep in mind about the program. All info is also here:
https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme

All activities, except the Saturday group photo, the Sunday closing party,
and Wednesday scan-a-thon/edit-a-thons, take place in Le Centre Sheraton.

* The hackathon begins Wednesday, and preconferences are Thursday.
* Also on Wednesday, there is a scan-a-thon at the BANQ - National
Archives, a chance to see the archives and scan some Quebec history, and
WikiConference North America is also hosting editathons at McGill & BANQ.

* Stop by the registration desk on Level 4 to pick up your registration -
registration hours begin on Tuesday evening and go all day Wednesday &
Thursday:
https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme#Registration_Hours
I strongly encourage you to pick up your registration BEFORE Friday
morning :) If you haven't registered but intend to come, don't worry -
there will be registration on site!

* Thursday night there is a dinner in the Sheraton for all registered
attendees who are on-site.

* We'll start the main conference at 8:45 on Friday with an opening
ceremony with special guests. We'll then have our first of five keynotes:
Jimmy Wales in conversation with Biella Coleman. Be sure to be at Level 4
of the Sheraton on time!

* Friday night there is an opening reception at 18:00 in the community
village, as well as a poster session. Be sure to stop by level 3 to check
out all of the posters on topics ranging from outreach to technical
infrastructure, and talk to the authors.

* The group photo will be Saturday evening after the closing keynote ends
around 18:00 - we will go to a nearby park to take this. After that,
Saturday night is yours to explore Montreal, hang out with old & new
friends, or have a meetup: https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetups

* The party is Sunday night, directly after the conference closes, in the
nearby Windsor Station building.

* During the day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, there is a dense program
of sessions, workshops, discussions and lightning talks - take a look ahead
of time to familiarize yourself with the program:
https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme

* But if you want to duck out of formal talks, there will also be a
hackathon room (Salon 7) that is available 24/7 for hacking and quiet work,
and a strategy room (Salon 6,
https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_2030) that will be set
aside for activities and work related to Wikimedia's strategy.

See you soon!
Phoebe