Mailing List Archive

Re: Personal stories about Wikimedia / free portrait photos
What would you consider a significant percentage?

Peter

From: Wikimania-l [mailto:wikimania-l-bounces@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Pine W
Sent: Thursday, August 3, 2017 11:19 PM
To: Wikimania general list (open subscription)
Subject: Re: [Wikimania-l] Personal stories about Wikimedia / free portrait photos

For what it's worth, I agree with Kudpung that WMF should stop saying that "All of the articles on Wikipedia are written by volunteers". I doubt that anyone has reliable statistics on what percentages of articles are started and/or edited by individuals who likely benefit financially from their edits in one way or another, but the percentage on English Wikipedia is likely to be significant.

Pine