Mailing List Archive

Wikimania ‘17 Draft Program is UP! Early Bird Registration Discounts
Attention Everyone (and please spread the word):

Early Bird Registration is Open for Wikimania 2017. This discount pricing
ends on July 10th so don’t delay!

https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration

Draft Program for the Conference is Now Up!

https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme

Deadline for Accommodation at the Headquarters hotel is June 22. See below!

Wikimania 2017 will be held August 9-13, 2017 in and around the Le Centre
Sheraton Montréal <https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Venue>, in
Montréal,
Canada <https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Montr%C3%A9al> The venue
will host most of the conference, hackathon, meetups, and pre-events. Most
of the WMF personnel and scholarship recipients will be housed there as
well. Those that submitted accepted talks for the program have been
notified and the agenda will be finalized in the next few weeks.

We would like to encourage all speakers and attendees to register early and
book their flight and travel as soon as possible. It is going to be a
very popular, busy summer in Canada this year because of the 150th
?Anniversary
of Canada and the 375th Anniversary of Montréal.

If you wish to stay at the headquarters hotel and take advantage of our
discounted rate, the deadline is June 22. After that prices will be higher
and availability throughout the city limited. There is also a secondary
property close by that is holding rooms for us as well. See:

https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Accommodation

If you have any questions with regard to the conference, please contact :

wikimania-info@wikimedia.org

?We h
ope you can join us in Montréal this summer!

Ellie Young, WMF Events Manager

on behalf of the Wikimania ‘17 Organizing Team
Re: Wikimania ‘17 Draft Program is UP! Early Bird Registration Discounts [ In reply to ]
Thank you Ellie: we are all looking forward to Wikimania and to welcoming
the community in the beautiful, exciting city of Montréal!

I would like to personally encourage everyone to register soon, and if you
are able to, to arrive in time for the preconference day(s) and exploring
the city. And as you make travel plans, remember that we have a welcome
dinner on Thursday and a closing party on Sunday!

Also, for presenters in particular, I want to emphasize the DRAFT in that
draft programme... to get sessions into the most appropriate room for the
type of session, some community-submitted sessions will move around between
the three days, plus there are some additions to come. If you have specific
needs, as usual, please write wikimania-program@wikimedia.org. We will also
be contacting all accepted presenters and submitters again soon as well
with further info. I know that there have been various issues with getting
emails for waitlisted talks in particular, plus some of you have questions
that are waiting; we're working on a better system for contacting everyone.
THANK YOU for your patience, as I juggle many moving parts (and a day job)!

cheers,
Phoebe Ayers
... Wikimania '17 program co-chair