information:
https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Deryck_Chan/Scholarship_application

I encourage all other successful scholarship applicants to do the same. If
you kept a draft of your application form, redact any personally
identifiable information and publish it on wikimania2017wiki. This will
help future scholarship applicants get a feeling of what the reviewers are
looking for.

Deryck
Re: Successful scholarship applications [ In reply to ]
Thank you for sharing, its never easy to open up about what you put in the
application. It will do a lot to help others learn from your experiences.

Enjoy your time in Montreal

On 24 May 2017 at 17:59, Deryck Chan <deryckchan@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's good that we're discussing the hurdle for someone to get their first
> scholarship to participate in Wikimania. In addition to the suggestions in
> the other thread, I'd like to lead an initiative to help future applicants
> who want their first-ever Wikimania scholarship.
>
> As a successful Wikimania 2017 scholarship applicant, I'm publishing
> on-wiki all my answers to the scholarship application form, except personal
> information:
> https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Deryck_Chan/Scholarship_
> application
>
> I encourage all other successful scholarship applicants to do the same. If
> you kept a draft of your application form, redact any personally
> identifiable information and publish it on wikimania2017wiki. This will
> help future scholarship applicants get a feeling of what the reviewers are
> looking for.
>
> Deryck

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia
Re: Successful scholarship applications [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much Deryck,
I'd suggest to add a section to https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:TPS/Wikimania_scholars for example, where all such applications could be linked so that they won't get lost in the wikimaniawiki pages. It could also be helpful for future reviewers to see what applications were successful the years before, hence could be linked on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:TPS/Wikimania_scholars/Reviewer%27s_guide as well. What do you think?

Best,Martin