Mailing List Archive

certificate of attendance
I'll need a certificate of attendance to show in my job. It may be via
email. Thanks a lot!!!
Re: certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
On 30 July 2013 12:11, Esteban Zarate <jezarate@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll need a certificate of attendance to show in my job. It may be via
> email. Thanks a lot!!!

Yes, how do we obtain such a certificate?

Anthony

Re: certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
Does it even exist for attendees?

Will be nice I think.

Re: certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
I assume there's a badge created given the details required on the
registration form. Would that suffice?

Re: certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
Anything like this is suffice

Re: certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
Do you need it before Wikimania, or after?

Re: Certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
Send an email to visas@wikimedia.org with your request, be specific about
what you want it to say and include those relevant detaills (e.g. if you
want it addressed to your employers then say that and include their
details; include your full name if you want it to use that). Also make it
clear if you need a hard copy otherwise I will assume that an email is fine.

I will need some confirmation that you have arrived at Wikimania before
issuing the letter though.

Chris

On 6 August 2014 06:20, Esteban Zarate <jezarate@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need for my job a certificate of attendance to Wikimania 2014. Regards!

Chris McKenna
Wikimania 2014 Support
Wikimedia UK
chris.mckenna@wikimedia.org.uk

tel: +44 (0) 20 7065 0990

Wikimedia UK is a Charitable Company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office: 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.

Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The
Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.
Re: Certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Please, someone could help in this case, severals companies ask for proof
when applying for unpaid leave. For someone might be sufficient a
confirmation or registration as participant, however, some companies are
more strict in this regard. Please, I ask to some members of organizacion
committee of Wikimania to help Esteban with this problems.

Thanks.

> I need to show on my job a certificate of attendance, Regards!!

*Wilfredo Rodríguez*
Re: Certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
Hello,

It would make life a lot esier for me if I also could get a certificate of
attendance.

Gabe

Re: Certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
Hi everybody, the organization has prepared a document for participants to
testify their attendance to Wikimania.

Those who need it should send me an email (michele.lavazza@gmail.com) which
includes their full name and address. They will be able to withdraw the
printed version at the info and registration point in Piazza Italia on
Saturday and Sunday.

Best regards,

Michele Lavazza
(Wikimania 2016 Programme Committee)
Re: Certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
On 22 June 2016 at 22:19, Michele Lavazza <michele.lavazza@gmail.com> wrote:
> Those who need it should send me an email (michele.lavazza@gmail.com) which
> includes their full name and address.

Sending PPI (Private Personally Identifiable) information to a PRIVATE
gmail account‽‽

Re: Certificate of attendance [ In reply to ]
Dear K., I apologize for saying something so absurd. It is the private
Gmail account of one of the conference organizers, who of course are
obliged to respect all pricacy regulations. You can ask the organizing team
at any time for the confirmation of that address.

Of course, however, your certificate of attendance can include nothing but
your name -- nobody is compelled to share their address if they don't want
to.

I hope this was helpful!
Friendly regards,

Michele