Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wikimania] Wikimania 2006 - host city contest, latest update
Cormac Lawler <cormaggio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did anyone think to create a log of this meeting or save it in some form?

The public shortlist meeting held Sunday night lasted a bit over an
hour. During the meeting, there was private discussion among the jury
members*, to reach consensus on the finalists.

You can see a log of the public chat here :
http://hcs.harvard.edu/~sjklein/mania-meeting-log.txt

And the finalists here :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Boston
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Toronto

Both are exciting bids... it is a nice change to see major
universities vying for association with Wikimedia projects. Next up:
libraries vying to be official repositories of snapshots?

* So I was told. The original jury was set up before Boston was a
candidate city. Now that I am the contact for Boston, I am not on the
jury, nor involved with its private discussions.

++SJ

Re: [Wikimania] Wikimania 2006 - host city contest, latest update [ In reply to ]
On 10/4/05, SJ <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:

> * So I was told. The original jury was set up before Boston was a
> candidate city. Now that I am the contact for Boston, I am not on the
> jury, nor involved with its private discussions.

We have agreed to let Andrew Lih ([[User:Fuzheado]]) join the jury,
since he was also very much involved in the last wikimania, especially
in the area where Sj had remarks to make, namely speakers and
programme.

Cheers,

Delphine
--